- This position will be a remote opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business Administration.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in Ag related field with professional sales and service.
- Knowledge of MPCI, crop and hail insurance products and policies.
- Agent insurance license required.
- Serves as primary agent for insurance services policies of complex, full-time producers. Including gathering acreage reports and production histories.
- Provides servicing to hail policies and supplemental insurance products. Responsible for sales production of Multi-Peril (MP), crop hail and supplemental insurance products to customer and non-customer prospects.
- Represents the Association at industry and other ag related events.
- Responsible for providing referrals to other members of the Association sales teams.
- Develops proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customer or prospects, utilizing financial information gathered independently and from recommendations of Relationship Managers, Credit Officers, and CommAg.
- Utilizes Association’s sales tools, techniques, and systems to effectively complete, track, and document sales and customer transactions.
- Assists with organizing and coordinating insurance marketing programs within assigned marketing areas.
- Process insurance forms from multiple insurance vendors for multi-peril, crop hail and supplemental products utilizing insurance company software, as well as internal processing software.
- Enters acreage reports utilizing insurance company software according to underwriting requirements and current processes and procedures if appropriate.
- Verifies correct application of underwriting and actuarial calculations by insurance company software.
- Reports loss claims for assigned portfolio, serves as a point of contact for policy changes, and enters information online with AIP system when appropriate.
- Partners with Insurance Customer Service Specialist and insurance company personnel regarding applications of complex insurance rules for specific customer insurance policy situations.
- Verifies electronic insurance documents reflect current information and through use of insurance website reports and other resources to ensure accurate reporting to meet deadlines.
- Works with Insurance services group team members and/or AIP company personnel directly to provide problem resolution with customer.
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with insurance vendor representatives to improve sales and service to regional offices and customers.
- Utilize multiple insurance company and government websites to obtain general information and to monitor progress regarding specific policies.
- Fundamental understanding of MPCI and crop hail sales and policy administration.
- Knowledge of the Associations’ loan products.
- Ability to work independently with supervision and direction.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong human relations, written and oral communication skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of Association insurance policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and support the Associations’ mission, vision, and core values.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $11 billion in total assets and over 600 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- 8 weeks of paid parental leave
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO - Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.