- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or related discipline.
- Five or more years of experience in public accounting, internal auditing, and/or regulatory auditing.
- CPA, CIA, CISA certification, or other applicable professional license is preferred.
- Understanding of control systems as defined by COSO and experience in SOX activities preferred.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Tests adequacy of association internal controls to ensure data reported is accurate and supports the association's disclosures to its stockholders.
- Performs complex internal audit functions for the association and assures compliance with FCA regulations pertaining to internal audit.
- Develops appropriate reports for association management regarding the findings of association operations review testing, Maintains records of review and audit activity.
- Evaluates safety and soundness of association control systems and makes recommendations to the Internal Audit Manager, and appropriate levels of management for follow-up with credit and/or branch offices as appropriate.
- Performs audit responsibilities in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Coordinates with external auditors and association staff, as appropriate, to avoid unnecessary redundancy of controls while ensuring appropriate control system design, function and efficiency.
- Consults with association management to communicate inadequacies in association control systems for inclusion in analysis of compensation/financing agreement compliance and direct loan classification.
- Assists other departments as needed to complete special projects such as due diligence reviews on loan purchases, consulting to improve controls, etc.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting internal controls and industry standard internal audit practices.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate to advanced-level accounting and audit analyses under limited supervision
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $10 billion in total assets and over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.