- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience with 3 years’ or more in a supervisory and/or Management position.
- Experience in underwriting and managing a large commercial Ag Production portfolio with typical average credits in excess of $5-10MM. Experience in all facets of commercial ag production, including grain elevators, processing facilities, coop's, etc.
- Establishes goals and objectives for a loan portfolio (generally industry specific) of credit analysts and delegates authority to credit analysts as appropriate to carry out association goals and objectives. Hires, motivates, evaluates and provides for training of credit analysts in the area or region served.
- Consults with Regional President, Commercial Lenders, Retail Credit Group and their respective staffs on loan origination and servicing, and the analysis, pricing and structuring of credit. Directs and mentors credit and administrative staff in the analysis and structuring of large and/or complex credits that may entail higher risk to the Association.
- Reviews and approves loans submitted by other lending staff that exceed their delegated authority.
- Resolves issues related to credit underwriting by actively working with the Regional President(s), Commercial Lenders, Regional Credit Officers in the area, region or portfolio served.
- Responsible for compliance with credit standards for the area, region or portfolio served. Ensures that credits in the area, region or industry portfolio which are underwritten by credit analysts supervised are properly risk rated and correct LGD’s are assigned. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in association’s policies and procedures
- Conducts complex credit analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness. Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- Oversees the underwriting on credits which are non-performing in order to assist lenders, special asset and relationship personnel in the development of corrective action plans.
- Prepares budgets for credit underwriting operations associated with the area, region or portfolio served. Collaborates with the Regional President(s), Commercial Lenders, Regional Credit Officers in the area or region served in the budget process
- Works closely with the Regional President(s), Commercial Lenders, Regional Credit Officers in area, region or industry portfolio served, along with other credit officers and Director of Retail Credit and/or Commercial Credit to assure the credit function of the Association is managed to further the mission throughout Association.
- Maintains awareness of agricultural trends and business activity, FCA regulations, and legal obligations. Ensures all credit underwriting operations comply with applicable policies, regulations and laws. Oversees the preparation of all reports required by association management, the Board of Directors and regulatory bodies.
- Oversees and consults completion of complex loan servicing tasks.
- Promotes the association by maintaining good public and member relations.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under limited supervision.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $9 billion in total assets and employs over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.