- For internal candidates, current employee location may be acceptable depending on space in that office.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; formal post high school education experience may be considered positively.
- Two or more years of experience in land or title examination or loan processing with familiarity in consumer regulations.
- Real estate, finance or title background is preferred.
- 3-5 years real estate, finance or title company experience dealing with legal documents is preferred.
- Experience with regulatory requirements associated with integrated disclosures preferred (Consumer Focus).
- Knowledge of title insurance, and real estate security legal requirements.
- Knowledge of documentation requirements for title policies, deeds of trust, and collateral.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with other staff members and credit office staff.
- Review commitments for title insurance to substantiate adequacy of the title to meet regulatory and association requirements.
- Organizes loan closing requirements and instruments in compliance with all association policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develops instructions and guidance for completing appropriate security and closing documents for Association loans.
- Examines loan applications and closing documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Process UCC filings, searches and billing.
- Verify sufficiency of legal description of the security of the collateral.
- Prepares loan closing statements verifying net loan proceeds, loan maturity dates and initial interest and principal repayment dates.
- Prepares various statements including those required under consumer credit regulations.
- Reviews post-closing documents such as title policies, deeds of trust, assignments and additional collateral. Ensures that all documents have been properly signed, witnessed and notarized by all required individuals.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications
- Specific knowledge of consumer disclosure requirements (Consumer Focus)
- Specific knowledge of real estate legal documents and real estate security laws including the Texas Homestead law
- Application-Knowledge in Commitment Title Insurance & Title Policy Examination.
- Commensurate with experience
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $9 billion in total assets and employs over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.