- This position may be located in Abilene and surrounding areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance or a related field, or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience in the area of real estate appraisal with emphasis on appraising agricultural producing properties or collateral evaluation.
- State of Texas General Real Estate Appraiser Certification required.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Strong work ethic that supports a willingness to handle multiple tasks with efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepares valuations or appraisals in connection with loans secured by agricultural properties and assists with the development of valuations or appraisals of properties that may involve large and/or complex loans, specialized or highly improved properties, loans in litigation, foreclosure or bankruptcy and acquired properties.
- Performs collateral evaluations in compliance with Farm Credit Administration and association collateral evaluation standards and procedures on properties and other collateral throughout the association’s territory.
- Maintains comparable sales data, current improvement cost data, and other resource information required to make accurate evaluations.
- Communicates findings regarding land and chattel property value trends to management as required.
- Reviews content and analyzes fee evaluations utilized in the evaluation of properties and other collateral.
- May review appraisals performed by outside fee appraisers to ensure compliance with USPAP and association collateral evaluation standards.
- Offers cost effective appraisals and related services.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic to moderate skill set in Microsoft Office Applications.
- General knowledge of accounting and financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of property and collateral appraisal methods.
- Specialized knowledge of real estate instruments and records.
- Skill in research and analysis of public records.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses. We are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System which provides financing to meet the needs of rural America. As one of the largest Farm Credit Associations in the United States, Capital Farm Credit has over $8 billion in total assets and employs over 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices.
Capital Farm Credit is a great place to work. Our employees are passionate and committed to serving both rural Texas and each other. We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value. We cooperate and care for our members and employees with family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive, goals based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.