- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, or related field with 4 or more years’ work experience.
- 4 or more years’ experience in operations, process improvement, consulting, and strategic business process modeling and quality management techniques.
- Owns the design, development, and maintenance of Association processes and workflows for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
- Works with Association business owners and designees to define business need and requirements for new and existing business operations processes and systems.
- Translate basic business problem statements into business requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partners to drive customer satisfaction and ongoing process improvement initiatives.
- Design and influence operational best practices for reporting and analytics to enable the team to scale for maturing organizational needs and operational growth.
- Assists with project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to clearly communicate business requirements and validate proposed solutions
- Assist operations management as needed with other special tasks as it relates to business operational needs, decision making, reporting, and solution identification, etc.
At the discretion of CFC, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.AA/EOE/M/F/D/V; Full description available on request.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- Strong functional knowledge of business processes and requirements including major areas of IT for the Association.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, handle multiple concurrent tasks and learn new business systems quickly.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills, excellent oral and written communications skills, analytical skills, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.