- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience.
- This position will require registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System and a successful candidate must meet the association’s requirements to be a registered Mortgage Loan Originator.
- Good standing in current and/or previous employment.
- Responsible for developing new business in addition to servicing existing, commercial and real estate customers. Establishes business relationships with agricultural producers, rural land owners, and business leaders in the community and cultivates these relationships to expand lending opportunities.
- Represents the association at local community activities. Promotes the association by maintaining good public and member relations.
- Makes and services loans and leases within delegated authority and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Processes and services large and complex loans. Conducts complex credit analyses including those that involve multi-entity transactions with accrual accounting systems. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness.
- Performs loan servicing responsibilities and assists with monitoring and reporting portfolio conditions such as additional advances, extensions and conversions. Assists in training less- senior loan officers and credit personnel to ensure quality loan services and attainment of the Association’s credit goals.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and assists management with collections on all loans in the portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory loan performance.
- May assist with the title examination on prospective loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral or security interest on chattels. Prepares loan closing packages and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance with all applicable association and FCA policies and regulations.
- Strong sales skills.
- Good understanding and experience in financing farm and ranch loans, production loans, and home lending.
- Ability to interact with our customer base which could include part-time to full-time farmers and ranchers.
- General knowledge of accounting/financial systems.
- Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform intermediate to advanced-level accounting/financial analyses under limited supervision.
Capital Farm Credit is the largest rural lending cooperative in Texas, providing credit and other related services to farmers, ranchers, rural home owners, and agribusinesses with over $7 billion in total assets and nearly 500 team members. We serve 192 counties in Texas with nearly 70 credit offices and are a proud member of the nationwide Farm Credit System.
We seek highly motivated and engaged people who foster the core values behind who we are, how we work and how we treat others – with commitment, trust and value and family-like respect and appreciation. Capital Farm Credit works diligently to ensure we provide our full-time employees with a market-based compensation program including competitive salary, employee benefits, participation in an attractive goals-based incentive program, and development opportunities. As a customer-owned cooperative, our compensation and benefit programs are designed to align the success of our members with the employee’s success.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to $400/year wellness reimbursement
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@CapitalFarmCredit.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.